If you’re a proud owner of a motorhome or RV, you know that these vehicles require regular cleaning and maintenance to keep them in top shape. In this article, we get into the details of tips and tricks to stay on top of best RV and motorhome cleaning and washing practices
It’s no secret that RVs and motorhomes can get dirty quickly, especially if you’re using them frequently or taking them on the road. From the exterior getting grubby from driving on the road, to the interior getting messy from regular use, it’s important to make sure you’re keeping your vehicle clean and well-maintained. Don’t forget about the roof and awning too – they can accumulate dirt and debris just like the rest of your RV. And let’s not forget about those pesky odors that can build up over time. All of these factors mean that it’s important to give your RV or motorhome a good cleaning and maintenance every now and then to keep it looking and feeling its best.
Whether you’re planning a road trip or just want to keep your RV looking its best, it’s important to follow a few key steps to ensure that your vehicle is clean, fresh, and ready to hit the road.
Expert Guide for Cleaning and Washing Your Motorhome or Rv
All Good Things Start with a Good Wash
- The aftermath of all adventures is a good car wash. It is always important to start with a good wash to remove any dirt, grime, and road debris that has accumulated on the exterior of your vehicle. Use a high-quality car wash soap and a soft cloth or sponge to scrub the exterior, paying special attention to areas that tend to accumulate dirt, such as the wheels and undercarriage. If you have an awning, be sure to clean it as well. (If you are unfamiliar with the terminology of motorhomes or RV, we recommend connecting with one of our knowledgeable Soapy Suds technicians)
- Next, tackling the windows and mirrors is key for safety and functionality. Use a window cleaner and a microfiber cloth to remove any streaks or dirt. You may also want to use a scraper or blade to remove any stubborn spots or debris — really depends on the level of washing required or requested. Nonetheless, if your RV has tinted windows, be careful not to scratch the tint while cleaning.
- Now it’s time to move on to the interior of your RV. Start by vacuuming the floors and upholstery to remove any dirt or crumbs. Then, use a mild detergent and a damp cloth to wipe down all of the surfaces, including the dashboard, countertops, and appliances. If you have leather seats, use a leather cleaner and conditioner to keep them looking their best.
- RVs can accumulate unpleasant odors over time, especially if you use them frequently or cook inside the vehicle. To freshen things up, try using an air freshener, scented candles, or natural odor eliminators such as baking soda or white vinegar. You can also try using a fabric refresher on the upholstery and curtains to help eliminate odors.
- In light of the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic and its crucial effect on hygiene standards, it’s especially important to disinfect your RV regularly. Use a disinfectant spray or wipes to clean all of the surfaces in your vehicle, paying special attention to high-touch areas like door handles, light switches, and faucets.
- The maintenance of the roof is especially key. The roof of your RV is an important part of the vehicle, and it’s essential to keep it clean and well-maintained. Use a ladder to safely access the roof, and then use a soft cloth or sponge and a mild detergent to wipe away any dirt or debris. Be sure to rinse the roof thoroughly to remove any soap residue.
- Your RV has several filters that need to be checked and replaced regularly to ensure proper functioning. This includes the air filter, the water filter, and the fuel filter. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for when to replace these filters, and be sure to use the correct type of filter for your RV.
- Test and replace the batteries. Your RV has several batteries that need to be maintained, including the coach battery and the chassis battery. Use a multimeter to test the batteries and make sure they are charged. If they are low, charge them up or replace them as needed.
- Your RV’s tires are an important part of the vehicle, and they need to be properly inflated and in good condition to ensure safe driving. Use a tire pressure gauge to check the pressure of all four tires, and adjust them as needed. Check the tread depth of the tires, and replace them if they are worn down
- Bringing professional assistance for big projects is a common phenomenon in any industry. The benefit of having a professional handle your RV car wash is that it can save you time and effort. Cleaning an RV can be a labor-intensive process, and if you’re not up for the task, you may rather leave it to trusting professionals. This can be especially useful if you’re planning a road trip and don’t have time to spend cleaning your RV beforehand. While it’s certainly possible to clean and maintain your motorhome or RV on your own, there are many benefits to having your vehicle washed by a professional. For one thing, a professional wash can be much more thorough than a DIY job. Professional cleaners have the equipment and expertise to thoroughly clean every inch of your RV, including hard-to-reach areas that you might miss. By keeping your vehicle clean and well-maintained, you can help preserve its resale value and ensure that it stays in top condition for years to come.
Overall, there are many proper reasons to consider having your motorhome or RV washed by a professional. Our trips are meant for educational purposes to simplify and optimize your daily car wash needs. However, whether you’re short on time, want to ensure that your vehicle is thoroughly cleaned, or want to protect its value, a professional wash can be a smart investment in your RV. If time and skill is especially of essence, our team at Soapy Suds Car Wash in Valencia is available to provide professional help.
To get started, please contact our staff at (661) 294-3036. We’re conveniently located in Valencia, California at 28038 The Old Road. As we are open 7 days a week, we look forward to providing optimal service. Visit us today for an affordable, quick, and quality experience.